23 August 2005

Two things to know if you consume ethanol. One, you need to consume water too.
Second, niacin is good. If you don't need it, you can get a brief, harmless flushing
(itchy, red skin) for about 15 minutes. But EtOH metabolism uses it up, it seems.

At night I take an aspirin, niacin, and melatonin which assures I get to sleep when
I want and sleep well. Unlike say antihistamines, you aren't groggy the next day.
And its over the counter, and not hazardous in the long term like benzodiazepines
(which work on the EtOH receptor, BTW).

Speaking of which, I scored a bunch of pseudoephedrine today at a fraction of the
normal price. The http://www.latimes.com ran an article on how Feinstein wants to
make it controlled, so there is a rush on it. Feinstein needs to be hung for treason;
she also has proposed banning speech on the 'net, e.g., how to make brisants.
(Ie, explosives, etc.) When I got the PE today I had to buy it in batches of 4,
since the http://www.ralphs.com computer wouldn't let me buy more than that. I should have
asked for red phosphorous too... But it helps dry my sinuses, and the phenylephrine
that may substitute for it causes dangerous blood pressure.

http://www.steelreserve.com is great beer ---twice the strength of normal beer, so
more efficient, fewer calories, etc. Wine is harsh on my stomache and bowels,
stronger stuff leads to excess.

I tend to know a lot about psychopharmacology; I have a degree in Cognitive Science as well as
Computer Science, and understanding how the brain works --how matter thinks-- has been a
very longstanding interest. And I share the Victorian et al. interest in rational self-experimentation.
I went to grad school to study AI, which was hot at the time, and I've alluded to in my first post.
One of the most annoying things about Americans (who, remember, half of which are below
average intelligence) is that they confuse culture with pharmacology. If you drink Martinis
you needn't listen to Sinatra (and vice-versa); if you ingest THC you needn't be a communist.
In fact, I'm a libertarian, as are most of my friends, and many intelligent people.