03 August 2007

An armed society is a polite society (Lytle Creek, CA)

I used to drive up to Lytle Creek with my friends and shoot in a canyon
where lots of diverse folks were also shooting. We shot computer equiptment
mostly, and I have a 14" platter shot by lead balls (no penetration) and another
shot by modern ammo (penetration). If your time travel takes you a few
hundred years back you can use those platters of yours for armor.

Once my kid stuck a platter over his head and it got stuck. Imagine explaining
that to the fire depts. I used a snips or pliers to expand the hole, while he was
wearing it, like a dropped halo.

Definately not in the Dad Script but no one got hurt'

Just one of the kid's 9 lives. Like the time he rolled down a brick
staircase in Puerto Rico and didn't get hurt (shoulders being wider than
head, alignment being right, and a saintly cook catching him at the end.)
Spin, baby, spin. My wife lost about 10 years.

He's been stung by hornets and (rightly) scared by (massive, poisonous) snakes.
He's a trooper, for sure.