09 August 2007

Shelter in place. When the long beach port nuke goes off, the
study shows most fallout is well north of us. But I have 10 gallons
potable, and the water heater, and we can duct tape ourselves into a huge closet off the
master bedroom. Or tape the whole house, which is better for
oxygen reasons. Duct tape holds the universe together... that's why
I have it, not for paranoid civdef reasons. Sufficient ammo and guns
for several assistants. Again, not paranoid, these are mostly amusement
toys. (There is a legit and very important home, self, and tyranny defense
woven into our Constitution.) Some are expensive, some are big, some are small,
some are shiny, some are black, some rotate and others reciprocate. The
black powder percussion-cap revolvers are the most interactive & fun.

However the lead balls they shoot don't penetrate Fujitsu 14" aluminum disk platters, so I prefer 9mm or 357 modern ammo ---and yes, I'm partial to revolvers. Operated single action
they are way more aimable than semiautos.

My 7 year old shot a .22mag (loaded with .22lr which is supposedly slightly abusive)
at a red bull can at 10 feet and hit it! Yes it was chance but I saved the can.
The pistol was a NAA SA stainless that I can conceal in my palm.

Not too bad for an Irvine punk.