26 September 2008

--- In X, Y wrote:
When that time is up, chances are very good that cheap
> passage to space would be available and thus the "toss it into the sun"

There's a rule that if an expert says something is impossible
in 20 years, its likely to be common in less than
in 20; but if some expert
says possible in 10, they are likely wrong.

Personally I think my 9 year old will wage wars over
can openers and landfills. Obviously pessimist, me.

I don't think Space will happen, too expensive. Without
contraception, most will live in hovels. I think we need
solutions for earth. Not crazo macho repubublo looney
moon colonization, jus' sayin'. Just MHO.

Cultures go through a sigmoid curve, then they die or
improve. Your choice. Beer, cheese, humans.
Yeast or humans. Sigmoid (integral
of Bell curve) rules.

Big bada boom.