06 March 2010

Hi, I've visited you a few times
and was astounded & insulted by
reading about your political
bust by the local CM buttheads
recently.

I'm glad I wasn't there: I'd be
pretty pissed.

I actually did write the city
council as you had mentioned, telling them about me:
45 year old white male, master's
degree in engineering, undergrad
degree from MIT, my son
is the best speller in 4th grade,
I live and work in Irvine, found
your establishment convenient (and
extremely professional, safe,
knowledgeable, etc.)

And about you: see above, and
extremely discrete as well.


But the buttheads think they're
right. Democracy doesn't count.
Reason doesn't count. Someone might
be having fun. We can't allow that.

(Patients do not have fun. Medical
morphine patients do not get high
or addicted, only fun-seekers do.
Cannabis can be fun to the neophyte,
but that is a side effect the rest
of us have to deal with, once we
realize its other benefits.)

Guess what --you know this! You're
a spiky retired RN! Goddamn.



Anyway I could not protest at the
CM city hall today. When you folks
find a new friendlier location you are welcome to send me email or snail mail letting me know.

And thanks for your place in
history --as an oppressed shop.
Sucks now, but one day will be
written about reverently.

PS: I was amused by the casualness
of your receptionist interviewing
a farmer in the lobby one day. The mutual trust (I mean with me
an unknown customer there) was pretty cool. (The farmer was
not of the race or culture that I
imagine growers are, and which
might induce fear in other circumstances; I don't
care in biz of course, its results that
matter. I was just amused at how
they didn't care that I was there
and I didn't worry since they were
discussing business and were cool
with me :-)

My grand-uncle grew and sold
squash and corn along a road between
albany and massachusetts.

Cheers