25 March 2011

Re: CDV Counter software


--- In CDV700CLUB@yahoogroups.com, "Les G0JNT" wrote:
>
> I cannot get this software to run when connected to my Leni Pro,...... the
start box is just greyed out.
> Can anybody tell me what i am doing wrong please.
> Regards
> Les
> G0JNT.

Nothing sir.

Hello, this is the author of said software. Don't expect
this kind of service generally :-) At least without
a sub$cription plan :-P


I tried CDVcounter .83 on my current Win7 machine, and even
with some "properties" or "run as root" tweaks I got a
bogus ID error of some kind.


I might look into this or I might look into a java port
or I might just keep looking for paid work and blabbing
burgundy-ish on this list as I parse news and
ignore the Counter. That's what *free* means. :-)



The source code for CDVcounter is
on sourceforge (a programmer's way of saying, leave
me alone, do it yourself! :-) so have at it.
That's the upside of "free"





It may actually be trivial. But you might have to
slash your way through M$ cruft. Massive jungle-like
M$ cruft. Which infects your clean programming mind
like a glioma.

If you're an embedded programmer there are currently
a coupla rad projects going on I think. I don't monitor
their status but they are led by supercompetent folks.

I have been recently doing embedded, and
recently worked in embedded linux and am teaching myself
how a device driver fits. I have worked above them scary
drivers, and below them, and now the magic is dissipating.

Dissipating magic is what life is about, for me.


You don't need e=mc2 etc to understand fission, you just
need to know about liquid drops and electrostatics.


Sometimes they pay me for it. If you can do something
and get paid for it, you can be as eccentric as you like.

The basic contract of civilization.